Wednesday, October 4

Backlighting in Landscape Design

.

Today the color made me gasp!

What do all of these photos have in common? They portray grasses and other plants -- either wild or in gardens -- in one of their most glorious moments: sunlight caught by the delicate blades and seedheads of grasses or seen through the stained-glass colors of autumn leaves ... backlighting. It's something I think about when I am doing a planting design. Consider placing plants such as ornamental blue oat grass, tufted hair grass and fountain grasses in your garden, where you will be able to see the rising or setting sun through their foliage. Maybe on a rise, just west of a warm afternoon or evening sitting spot, or outside a west-facing window, slightly above or at eye level.

FireLight SunLight Grass They Fly into the Light Saved (Sorta) from Anihilation

2 Comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Oh now I am envious!! This light, this garden!! This is not the south of France!!

Jean said...

For several months I have looked your photographs on Flickr.
I look at many blogs, of sites of photographs of the whole world. Really, you are one of the 2 or 3 which I prefer! Your photographs are extraordinary by their subjects, the colors, the lines… I am happy to have found your blog on Blogspot where I can put a comment!

Depuis plusieurs mois je regarde vos photos sur Flickr .
Je regarde beaucoup de blogs , de sites de photos du monde entier .
Vraiment , vous êtes un des 2 ou 3 que je préfère !
Vos photos sont extraordinaires par leurs sujets , les couleurs , les lignes ...
Je suis heureux d'avoir trouvé votre blog sur Blogspot où je peux mettre un commentaire !