Sunday, December 3

He is Fire to my Water: we're stayin' warm this winter


He is Fire to my Water, originally uploaded by MontanaRaven.

Although I am still without a computer or camera ... I was able to access ... oh, maybe 6 of ... my photos from the dvd of salvaged data from my fried/dead hard drive ... using my husband's laptop and Picasa (he doesn't have photoshop on his computer - sob sob) Gives me a whole new appreciation for what I had ... and for making backups (which I hadn't done adequately) So, I've been playing around with that half dozen images just to ward off those drooling, wolf-like symptoms of withdrawal for a bit longer. heheh (more sob sob)

I made this digital "quilt" from a photo of skeletal leaves ... just playing around with levels, saturation, etc in Picasa (fun program, but nothing compared to Pshop) It's a reminder to stay warm in this winter. I made this specially for Tim, in celebration of his 59th birthday which is today, December 3rd. I am so blessed to have Tim in my life. He keeps me warm in many ways: in my heart and in my body. His voice has a warm timbre, his hands are always warm, his arms are warm, his thoughts and whole personality is what many people think of as "warm." He's a furnace: fire to my water.

And the love of my life.

Happy Birthday, Tim!

6 Comments:

Kim Carney said...

Happy Birthday Tim! Wonderful tribute to him Maureen. I am sorry you are having camera/computer problems ... ;((((( Not fun at all! If you lived closer I would bring over my little imac to tide you over ....

Maureen said...

Hi Kim (btw I love your new icon photo - tres glam and serious!)

Kim, you're the sweetest -- thanks for the thought (about the imac loan) it's really the thought that counts -- truly. Makes me feel good knowing you would do that for me. One other friend has offered me to borrow her little imac too. Makes me feel all the love [big grin]

Yup - I passed along your birthday greetings to my sweetie. he says thanks to you too.

hope you're doin well these days -- your house is looking very christmasy (judging from your recent pix) I miss having all the time I wanted on the computer. These days (borrowing Tim's) I have to rush myself. Oh well. I will eventually have my own new computer.

Endment said...

Wishes for a wonderful day filled with joy - Happy Birthday Tim-

Wonderful story.

Hope your computer and camera problems are soon resolved.

Kay Cooke said...

Aint love grand? Happy birthday to Tim. I love the images - both word-wise and picture-wise. (Pun intended!)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful composition. Do you mind if I try to bring it to life in a real quilt?

Maureen said...

donnau, of course I don't mind if you make a real quilt of this digital one -- go for it! I'd love to see photos of your quilt when you're finished (if I were attempting to sew a quilt it would take years! Literally. So have at it. I'll understand if it takes awhile ....

Endment and ChiefBiscuit: thanks for the well wishes for Tim - I'll tell him.