Thursday, February 2

Groundhog Day

A part of a day in the life of Maureen and Tim in Helena, Montana. I think our winter will be short. Today the sky was cloudy. Sunrise was spectacular -- just a crack in the clouds that let beams of gold light through and I was there at the perfect moment. In my pajamas. (more on that below...) I could not find a groundhog, but I'm sure if one was up and about today she wouldn't have seen her shadow!



To see any of the individual photos enlarged, click on these links:
1. Belltower window,
2. Just outside our back door ... 7:15 am on Groundhog Day,
3. Crack of dawn ... amazed I was up!,
4. A dawning reflection on cathedral windows.

Over at the blog I do with my family, we are posting photos of whatever they see and do on Groundhog Day -- today -- to share with the rest of the fam. I went to sleep last night thinkig how I was going to get up at the crack of dawn to shoot some gorgeous sunrise photos for the family project. Now, mind I am not a morning person. I used to be, but these days, I'm doin good to get out of bed by 8:30 am, so planning to shoot the sunrise was ambitious to say the least.

So, I'm out in the backyard still in my pjs thinking I'd just shoot the sunrise. But it was so beautiful, I ended up walking a few blocks to the cathedral and waiting for the sun to hit the stone and windows there. If I was seen by anyone, I hope I wasn't recognized. Later I had my coffee at Ray's (in my day clothes, ahem!) Still later, I accompanied Tim to deliver the table he just finished. Then we had lunch together at the Real Food deli. Of course, I had to photograph his lunch. "Put the camera down and eat, Maureen..." I guess Tim didn't like me pointing the camera at him while he had his mouth full.


Click on any of these links to see the individual photos or the entire set:
1. Dawn: the 'hood wakes up, 2. Java at Ray's,
3. Looking back on it now ..., 4. Lunch at the deli

0 Comments: