Thursday, March 27

Save significant energy by working out outdoors

It's more fun and interesting to get my workout by taking a walk or riding my bike -- plus I take my camera along and have a photo shoot along the way. Now that our dog, Sam is 19 years old, our walks are anything but aerobic workouts. So I have to fit in a walk or bike ride by myself every couple of days to get any significant exercise. Still, I enjoy walking with Sam -- it gets me out of the house no matter what, every day. Baggins (cat) goes on walks with us most of the time.

According to Ideal Bite, working out on a gym treadmill uses alot of energy.

10 treadmills in the average gym use 13,500 kilowatt hours of electricity per month. To put that in perspective: that energy would power your water heater for 19 days or let you run your hair dryer nonstop for more than a year.

So, if you want an easy way to save electricity -- stop working out in the gym or cut your gym time in half and get outside!

0 Comments: