Monday, December 26

This is for You, Mom

Okay, everybody out there over 50 and anybody reading this with parents over 50 who think you can't blog because it's something only the younger generation does .... check out this way cool blog by Millie Garfield, who is 80 and who happens to be the mom of Steve. She also has a great sense of humor: My Mom's Blog by Thoroughly Modern Millie

Millie was written up in the AARP Bulletin as one of the oldest bloggers around. Here's a quote from that article:

Patrick J. Kiger writes in this month's AARP Bulletin, Older, Wiser Bloggers. Want a Place in the Blogosphere? Join the Club.
Among the pioneers is Millie Garfield, 80, of Swampscott, Mass., who's been writing "My Mom's Blog" for the past three years. "One day, I saw an article in the Boston Globe about bloggers, and so I asked my son Steve, who's into computers, 'What the heck is this blogging thing?' " she says. "He said, 'Ma, you should start your own blog.' "


So she did. And it's very cool. Fun to read, too. This is Millie's very first video post She has made a few video blog posts with the help of her son -- and these are funny! When I watched this video about the difficulties of opening and using the packaging for plastic wrap, I laughed so hard I just had to write about her. She is serious, yet it's really funny because of her deadpan humor. She just acts like herself.

0 Comments: