Tuesday, April 5

More on Sketchbooks & Journals

More sketchbooks, these are from the Smithsonian Museum's Archives from an online exhibit called "Wish You Were Here: Artists on Vacation"
This one is a sketch of Venice by Hermaan Dudley Murphy -- someone I've never heard of until the moment I saw this equisite sketch at the Smithsonian site. I love the way only a small part of the sketch is finished with detail. Leaves enough to my eye/brain to fill in on their own.

And a few more sketches from the travel journal of Grace Albee.

Hannah Hinchman has kept a naturalist's journal for many years - she teaches workshops in how to "keep" a naturalist journal. I love this sketch -- it reminds me a little of my invented musical notation system. These are visual notations of bird songs.

0 Comments: