Thursday, March 16

Poetry Thursday

This is from one of my most favorite poets, whom I've quoted many times, May Swenson. Seems lots of people are discovering her these days.


Originally uploaded by MontanaRaven

Night Practice


I
will
remember
with my breath
to make a mountain,
with my sucked-in breath
a valley, with my pushed-out
breath a mountain. I will make
a valley wider than the whisper, I
will make a higher mountain than the cry,
will with my will breathe a mountain. I will
with my will breathe a valley. I will push out
a mountain, suck in a valley, deeper than the shout,
YOU MUST DIE, harder, heavier, sharper a mountain than
the truth, YOU MUST DIE. I will remember. My breath will
make a mountain. My will will remember to will. I, suck-
ing, pushing, I will breathe a valley, I will breathe a mountain

--- May Swenson 1913 - 1989


to enjoy more poetry from other poetry fanatics like me ,,,, go to Liz's blog.

0 Comments: