In honor of World Water Day, March 22, 2007, today, I am posting a few links to water conservation specifically for gardening and landscaping because that's what I do for a living (landscape design specializing in design of waterwise landscapes and sustainable gardens) and because lately I have been working on some native grass meadow and lawn projects, and this ties right in .... so here we go:
World Water Day Links:
- UN World Water Day
- Send World Water Day E-cards
- Global Map of Water
- Earth 9-1-1 Tips to Conserve Water
Xeriscaping & Water Conservaton Links:
- The Principles of Xeriscaping from High Country Gardens
- My blog post about Sowing a Native Grass Lawn or Meadow
- If you live in the Rocky Mountain West, or even the Southwest or West coast of Northa america, this Xeriscape Plants Database will be useful in coming up with a plant list for your garden or landscape. Most plants have several excellent enlargeable photos along with hort and cultivation information.
- Outdoor Water Wasters
- A whole bunch of articles related to Xeriscaping
Edited to add these two photos of my mom, Pat, with her Raging Grannies group. They sang and performed for World Water Day in Kelowna, BC. My mom is the one in the turquoise shawl. Isn't she beautiful?