Thursday, June 15

Poetry Thursday: Jumping Off Point


Jumping Off Point
Originally uploaded by MontanaRaven.

Jumping Off Point

I did not write about you or
draw your gesture there
with graphite and brushes
dipped in ink
this fire hue and this and this blue
I did not take your picture
with me when i jumped

only here and over here
I see the shadow
you left behind, a wisp
of fog or maybe steam
milk black tea and honey and cardomon
and sip the hot sweet smell
of you -- I remember only that

I know how to say
I love you in a letter
oh I know how to leap
into memory or ocean or twilight
with map an almanac a calendar of days
I dream of jumping off the point
where love swims blind


-- Copyright 2006 Maureen Shaughnessy


I wrote this blog post for Poetry Thursday. Check out other poetry posts for this week by clicking this button:

0 Comments: