Sunday, February 5

Teasing out the story of a dream

One's dreams are a bottomless source of creativity and energy if you know how to listen to them, if you know how to befriend your dreaming self.


Help us to be ever faithful gardeners of the spirit, who know that without darkness nothing comes to birth, and without light nothing flowers. -- May Sarton, poet



Dream of Healing originally uploaded by MontanaRaven.



In darkness I get to know my dreams. Each one my intimate friend. As if I were there, sitting across the fire, watching my friend, sharing a glass of red wine, laughing, arguing, crying and falling in love. As if I were prepared to spend the night there, getting to know her. Exchanging stories, catching up, teasing out the real dream, the real me. I live the dream's imagery when I listen to it deeply, I imagine the dream into the future for that way I know I am learning from each message. That way I know I am on the journey with the dream.

Dreams are full of possibility -- though at times, the possibilities seem impossible. Dreams have the potential to point us in the direction of very real experience if we are willing to listen. the very real experience of healing, creativity, of knowing what brought us to where we are. And where we will go from here.

0 Comments: